Red Folder Project
Western's Red Folder Project is a campus-wide initiative to help faculty and staff recognize, respond effectively to, and refer students in distress. The Red Folders are designed to be used as a quick-reference guide when supporting students who are experiencing distress.
Find additional resources for helping students below.
When Students Need Help: Quick Reference
Counseling, Health and Wellness Services
The Counseling and Wellness Center provides students with multiple pathways to wellness, including individual, couples, and group counseling; survivor advocacy services; crisis support; drop-in wellness workshops and community check-ins; and self-help wellness resources you can access any time from our website.
Location: Old Main 540
The Student Health Center provides as broad a range of care as you would find in a family practice physician's office. A team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, and health counselors staff the Health Center.
Location: Campus Services
Office of Student Life
To advance Western Washington University’s educational mission, the Office of Student Life provides help for students, faculty, staff and family by:
- Supporting students experiencing crisis or difficult situations and coordinating resources at Western and in the community;
- Educating students on Western’s Student Conduct Code, and holding accountable students who engage in misconduct;
- Assisting students in understanding and navigating the University’s policies and processes.
For Faculty and Staff
Faculty are often the first to notice when a student is struggling or in distress. Faculty are encouraged to know the resources available at Western Washington University and speak directly to the student to acknowledge their distress and connect them with these resources.
The Office of Student Life can assist students with…
- Dean's withdrawals
- leaves-of-absence for non-medical emergencies
- advice on university policies, procedures, and grievances
- support while experiencing a crisis
- information on university resources